In 1930, Parker Terry opened Terry Hills Golf Course as one of the area's first 9-hole public golf courses. The Rotondo family acquired Terry Hills in 1972. Over the years they have continually improved the course, turning what was once farmland into a renowned 27-hole championship golf course. Terry Hills now services Western New York with a beautiful clubhouse, a country club ambience, and outstanding service at a value price.
Left to right Danielle Rotondo, Mary Brown, Connie Babcock (seated), Nick Rotondo, Casey Brown
(Owned and operated by 3 generations of the Rotondo Family)
The East Course (holes 1-9) is the oldest of the three courses and was built by Parker Terry in 1930. Measuring just over 3,000 yards from the blue tees, its hilly terrain, mature trees, and small greens provide plenty of challenge to golfers of all abilities. The East Course is known for its difficult par fives, with holes 4, 6, and 9 all measuring over 500 yards each.
The North Course (holes 10-18) measures in at over 3,200 yards. Terry Hills' signature hole is the 14th, a short par three that plays to an island green, which the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle coined in 2004 as a Top 10 Hole in all of WNY (behind such holes as the world famous 13th at Oak Hill's East Course). The North Course also features a local favorite finishing hole in the 18th, which is a dogleg that plays through the woods up to an elevated green.
The South Course (holes 19-27) measures just over 3,100 yards and features classic par 5's like #20, which measures 536 yards and is guarded by a pond at the front of the green. Demanding par 4's such as #23, the uphill "cemetery hole" and the looming 26th make this nine a great test.